Saturday 14 December 2013

What This Blog Is About

I previously had a blog called "Fluent in Dutch in 3 Months" which never went anywhere!

I have been learning this language for 6 years now.

In the first year or two I made great progress, then I hit a wall.

I am intermediate level but with a ton of holes riddled in my knowledge, understanding and execution of the language.

I must improve my Dutch. I want to go back to Holland and improving my Dutch will help me greatly.

I need to formulate some goals for 2014 (I am participating in a challenge here: TAC 2014 Team Dutch), here are some rough ones that are subject to revision:


  • Enrol in a Dutch evening class
  • Read one Dutch novel a month
And specifically for January

  • Finish first series of GTST (currently half way through)
  • Start going to local Dutch Meetup events
  • Read and do all the exercises in Colloquial Dutch textbook
  • Watch one series of a US TV program with Dutch subs and no (English) audio track. I have several to choose from.

No comments:

Post a Comment